Sunny Woods House
Sunny Woods House is open year round. It is a 2-3 bedroom/2 bathroom house in a great location for exploring the attractions of Boothbay Harbor. It has a private dock on a lake for swimming and paddling and in the winter it freezes for skating or cross country skiing.
Sunny Woods is close to everything in Boothbay Harbor, yet very private. It is perfect for a winter getaway with cross-country skiing, skating and snow shoeing. In summer there is swimming and paddling in a fresh water lake with a private dock and bicycles to explore the area.
It is a modern house with all of the comforts you would expect in a year-round home and the latest in technology. A huge rec/media room (62 inch screen!) was added to the left of the house (not visible in the photo here).
Just minutes from the Boothbay Commons, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club, Southport Island and the Aquarium. It is 5 minutes into the heart of Boothbay Harbor. There are 18 Boothbay Region Land Trust trails within 20 minutes. Launch your kayak or boat just down the road for ocean adventures.
10 reasons to choose Sunny Woods House for your Maine vacation:
- Take in the gardens and sculpture from our generous decks with a good book and your favorite beverage.
- Enjoy our kayaks and swim in warm fresh water West Harbor Pond from a private dock down a trail from the house.
- Fish or swim off the dock or a kayak on the lake. Ice fish in the winter or skate out to visit the ice huts.
- Stroll along our quiet dead end Appalachee Road and take the Land Trust trail around the lake. Take your camera; the water lilies are magnificent.
- There is no better outdoor office! Free WiFi and an unlimited long distance land line.
- Watch the collection of DVD’s… on the new HUGE 62 inch wall-mounted flat screen TV in the rec/media room.
- Use our discount tickets to visit the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, 248 acres including ornamental gardens, the Children’s Garden, the Garden of the Senses, art and ecological exhibits, concerts, café and gift shop. mainegardens.org
- Sunny Woods House welcomes pets under 25 pounds.
- Boothbay Cottages accepts a 5% discount if you are an educator or in the military, with our appreciation.
- We’d enjoy helping you plan your Maine vacation—where else can you access a lake, be two mites from the ocean and only one mile from the heart of Boothbay Harbor?
Vacation steps away from both the ocean and a fresh water lake! You decide if you want to put the cottage kayak in at the lake or ocean. Wonderful views of Linekin Bay from a 30-foot open deck and living room with French doors. This home is airy and bright, with a contemporary feel and very comfortable furnishings. Two bedrooms with en suite baths make it an ideal rental for two couples vacationing together or a family. Large living room has a sofa bed and futon. Sleeps 6 guests. Click here to learn more about Oceanview Cottage.
Sit out on your deck and enjoy the scent of pine trees while viewing beautiful sunsets over fresh water Appalachee Lake, only steps away. Swim or put the cottage kayak in the lake or in the ocean at the Community Dock , a two minute walk away. This one-bedroom cottage is bright and cheerful in its decor. In addition to the queen bed in the bedroom, you have a sofa bed in the living room. Sleeps 2-3 guests. Click here to learn more about Lakeside Cottage.
The cottages offer wonderful water views and have access within steps of the ocean and lake… the best of both worlds! Joined by a covered breezeway, the cottages can be rented individually or paired together; ideal for families vacationing with grandparents or teenagers.
Both cottages are pet friendly and have free high-speed WiFi!
We look forward to sharing our rental cottages so you can be surrounded by the magic of everything the Maine coast has to offer; the outdoors, land and sea, good food, views, art and small friendly towns…creating memories that you’ll have forever.
Vacation at Boothbay Cottages and enjoy “life as it should be!”
Boothbay Cottages vacation homes are located in a delightful area of Boothbay Harbor, Maine called Appalachee Shores, a small waterfront community dating from the early 1900s.
Situated on a dead-end road, Oceanview Cottage & Lakeside Cottage are uniquely nestled between fresh water Appalachee Lake and salt water Linekin Bay which opens to the entire Maine coast. A hiking trail that starts 500 yards away winds through the woods and along the lake.
Things to Do and See in and Around Boothbay Harbor
If you’re looking for the authentic Maine experience, this is it. Perhaps the most scenic body of water on the eastern seaboard, mid-coast Maine features scores of islands, historic lighthouses, quiet little protected harbors and towns such as Wiscasset, Bath and Damariscotta, offering clothing and craft shops, art galleries and restaurants. A wild life paradise, ospreys and bald eagles nest high in the spruces along the rugged shores, harbor seals complete their annual pilgrimage to quiet coves and dolphins and whales loll about in the waves.
Bring Your Pets!
Boothbay was named one of the top towns in Maine for being a pet friendly destination!
Boothbay Cottages are pet friendly.
Additional pet fee applies.
Contact us to discuss your Maine vacation: