Welcome! Boothbay Cottages vacation homes are located in a delightful area of Boothbay Harbor, Maine called Appalachee Shores, a small waterfront community dating from the early 1900s.
Situated on a dead-end road, Oceanview Cottage & Lakeside Cottage are uniquely nestled between fresh water Appalachee Lake and salt water Linekin Bay which opens to the entire Maine coast. A hiking trail that starts 500 yards away winds through the woods and along the lake.
Note: A third option for your vacation in 2013 is Sunny Woods House, a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom house in a great location for exploring the attractions of Boothbay Harbor. Scroll down for a description of this year-round house and its amenities.
Vacation steps away from both the ocean and a fresh water lake! You decide if you want to put the cottage kayak in at the lake or ocean. Wonderful views of Linekin Bay from a 30-foot open deck and living room with French doors. This home is airy and bright, with a contemporary feel and very comfortable furnishings. Two bedrooms with en suite baths make it an ideal rental for two couples vacationing together or a family. Large living room has a sofa bed and futon. Sleeps 6 guests. Click here to learn more about Oceanview Cottage.
Sit out on your deck and enjoy the scent of pine trees while viewing beautiful sunsets over fresh water Appalachee Lake, only steps away. Swim or put the cottage kayak in the lake or in the ocean at the Community Dock , a two minute walk away. This one-bedroom cottage is bright and cheerful in its decor. In addition to the queen bed in the bedroom, you have a sofa bed in the living room. Sleeps 2-3 guests. Click here to learn more about Lakeside Cottage.
The cottages offer wonderful water views and have access within steps of the ocean and lake… the best of both worlds! Joined by a covered breezeway, the cottages can be rented individually or paired together; ideal for families vacationing with grandparents or teenagers.
Both cottages are pet friendly and have free high-speed WiFi!
We look forward to sharing our rental cottages so you can be surrounded by the magic of everything the Maine coast has to offer; the outdoors, land and sea, good food, views, art and small friendly towns…creating memories that you’ll have forever.
Vacation at Boothbay Cottages and enjoy “life as it should be!”
Sunny Woods House
The owners of Boothbay Cottages Vacation Rentals are making their home available for rent in 2013. It’s close to everything in Boothbay Harbor, yet very private. It is a modern house with all of the comforts of a year-round home and the latest in technology. A huge sun room was added to the left of the house (not visible in the photo here).
Just minutes from the Boothbay Commons, Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Boothbay Harbor Yacht Club, Southport Island and the Aquarium. It is 5 minutes into the heart of Boothbay Harbor. There are 18 Boothbay Region Land Trust trails within 20 minutes. Launch your kayak or boat just down the road for ocean adventures. Ride the bicycles provided to Knickerbocker Lake or around town.
Things to Do and See in and Around Boothbay Harbor
If you’re looking for the authentic Maine experience, this is it. Perhaps the most scenic body of water on the eastern seaboard, mid-coast Maine features scores of islands, historic lighthouses, quiet little protected harbors and towns such as Wiscasset, Bath and Damariscotta, offering clothing and craft shops, art galleries and restaurants. A wild life paradise, ospreys and bald eagles nest high in the spruces along the rugged shores, harbor seals complete their annual pilgrimage to quiet coves and dolphins and whales loll about in the waves.
10 reasons to choose Boothbay Cottages for your Maine vacation:
- Take in the ocean or lake views from our generous decks with a good book and your favorite beverage.
- Enjoy our kayaks and swim in warm fresh water Appalachee Lake across from the rental homes.
- Fish or swim off the dock on the ocean. Walk to nearby Barrett’s Park to swim where the ocean water is warmer!
- Stroll along our quiet dead end Appalachee Road and take the Land Trust trail around the lake. Take your camera; the water lilies are magnificent.
- There is no better outdoor office! Free WiFi and an unlimited long distance land line.
- Watch the collection of DVD’s… on the new HUGE flat screen TV in Oceanview Cottage.
- Walk to Linekin Bay Resort, only 5 minutes down the road. A 100 year-old mid-coast sailing destination, it is a perfect spot for breakfast, lunch, Happy Hour or dinner while the sun sets. Kayaks, canoes, rowboats, heated swimming pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard, horseshoes, basketball and many other activities are available for a special day fee, exclusive to Boothbay Cottages guests. linekinbayresort.com
- Use our discount tickets to visit the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, 248 acres including ornamental gardens, the new Children’s Garden, the Garden of the Senses, art and ecological exhibits, concerts, café and gift shop. mainegardens.org
- Boothbay Cottages welcomes pets.
- Boothbay Cottages accepts a 5% discount if you are an educator or in the military, with our appreciation.
We’d enjoy helping you plan your Maine vacation—where else can you access both the ocean and a lake, be less than one-half mile from the lobster docks and only one mile from the heart of Boothbay Harbor?
Bring Your Pets!
Boothbay was named one of the top towns in Maine for being a pet friendly destination!
Boothbay Cottages are pet friendly.
Additional pet fee applies.
Contact us to discuss your Maine vacation: